Monday, November 17, 2008

Blog-a-log-a-ding-dong

What a curious sensation.

On the one hand there seems little possibility that anyone will actually ever read these words. Blogging is the modern-day equivalent of stuffing a note into a bottle and tossing it into the ocean, it seems to me. Although I suppose I can let people know about it. "Hey - I'm cool now. I have a blog. Come and see how clever I can be." So part of me is writing this thinking it won't ever get read by anyone - or at least, not by anyone who will ever be able to put a face to these words -and the other part of me (an other part of me?) is really, really hoping that it WILL get read and that people will write to me and tell me that they know what I'm talking about and that I have made their day more worthwhile. Or even that I spelled something wrong.

Wrongly?

What a bunch of equivocating Narcissists we are.

2 comments:

Mrs Bee said...

I never believed you about that Aloyisius thing you know.

Ann ODyne said...

well fer chrissakes Pratt - yer sister's Profile is blocked.
What kind of a blogger is she to be dragging you into it and then not playing the game herself.

To me, the main point of blogging is to be a Commentor, and then it seems only fair to let anybody who follows a comment to it's source, have a place to leave a response, threat or insult.

Good luck and Happy Trails.